LinkedIn Ads: Where to begin
Why LinkedIn Ads?
LinkedIn – ‘The #1 platform for B2B lead generation, rated by marketers’.
Setting up your first campaign can seem more daunting than it is. Our step-by-step guides will see you become a true expert and appreciator of LinkedIn as a platform within minutes! Whether you have a smaller budget or the big bucks, you can set up LinkedIn campaigns to generate leads, drive traffic and, of course, build on your brand awareness.
Before you can create a campaign, you need to create your Campaign Manager Account which is done via your LinkedIn account.
- Select ‘create a campaign’ in the top right corner.
- Create a new group – choose your campaign name and select a start and finish date for your campaign along with the budget.
- Select the objective most appropriate, for example, if you would like more traffic to your website select ‘website visits’ or if you have an asset you’d like your audience to download, select ‘lead generation’.
- At this stage, it’s important to identify your audience by selecting ‘location’, this could be anything from local to global destinations. Secondly, you can refine your audience further by typing in the sector of interest for example Finance and then refine this even more by selecting individuals job functions.
- Choose the ad format you would like – the single ad campaign is the simplest format to choose if this is your first LinkedIn campaign. When you feel more experienced, you can trial the carousel or video ads, but always make sure to justify why you want to use a specific kind of ad.
- Select ‘lifetime budget’ with your desired campaign date and budget. Make sure to double check this before saving and clicking next!
- Now onto the creative part: select ‘create new ad’.
- This is where you need to choose your introductory text. Keep this short and bold so people are interested at the first glance. Also, be sure to choose a visual that really resonates with your campaign. The call to action is dependent on what your campaign is, for example, ‘Sign up’, ‘Download’ – choose the most relevant call to action and don’t forget to add a destination URL if you would like to take your audience elsewhere, maybe you’ve got a separate landing page designed up specifically for ad campaigns!
Once you’ve added your ads to the campaign, simply click launch and you’re good to go!
If you have any more questions surrounding building your own campaign, get in touch with our experts to set up a social media training session, or let us take control of your paid media campaigns. More LinkedIn guides to come so keep an eye on our blog and social platforms!